ProValue Insurance is an independent agency providing comprehensive insurance products and business services to organizations in need of risk protection. Delivering unparalleled knowledge and experience, ProValue helps protect against more than organizational risk, offering coverages for personal assets to individuals throughout Mid-America.
Founded in 1947, ProValue Insurance has grown to become one of the largest leading independent insurance agencies providing business risk protection and personal insurance coverages in the state of Kansas and throughout Mid-America.
Other ProValue Insurance affiliated and/or owned companies include Ag-Services, LLC.
A Day in the Life:
As the company IT Systems Administrator, you will spend your days overseeing the maintenance and security of the company computer systems. This includes managing the backup systems, software programs, protection such as antivirus and malware protection, overall systems security, responding to employee concerns and coordinating with Senior Management to determine new technologies that could enhance and protect the companys computer systems. In addition, you will be responsible for setting up new employees with laptops, software, cell phones, email, internet, etc., as well as problem-solving when individual user issues arise.
Daily you will also be managing and maintaining the file servers, monitoring the firewalls and VPNs for the company, monitoring the internet connection for security risk, employing the latest security protocols, and monitoring the local area network (LAN) for threats or errors.
This position reports to the CFO.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and infrastructure performance.
What Youll Need to do the Job:
- Associate or bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of network administration or system administration experience.
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare ESXI 7.x.
- Working knowledge of IP Based phone systems.
- Experience with O365 and O365 Admin Interface, DUO MFA, Proofpoint Essentials Email security, Malwarebytes EDR Workstation and Server are a plus.
- AD (Active Directory), Hybrid AD, Azure AD are required.
- GPO knowledge helpful.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- The ability to work with all people successfully and communicate effectively.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate future issues and strategically plan for the future function and security of the entire organizations computer systems.
- The ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Employee should conduct business in an ethical manner and be a person of the highest integrity and honesty.
- Very dependable with a high sense of urgency.
- Willingness to be available on nights and weekends to assist with computer and network issues.
- This position is required to travel to other office locations regularly and may require overnight trips. In addition, this position often attends company hosted meetings and conferences to provide IT support.
This position generally works in an office environment but is occasionally exposed to outdoor conditions or other locations. Long periods of sitting, standing and computer work are required. The ability to speak, hear, and type is also required. You will regularly lift 25 pounds or less.
This position will also be required to perform other duties as assigned by management.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover every activity, duty or responsibility required of the employee. This job description in no way alters employment-at-will and is not a guarantee of employment now or in the future.
I agree that I can perform the job as stated above and am able to work in these conditions.