ProValue Insurance > Career
Agronomy Manager | LeRoy Coop
LeRoy Cooperative in LeRoy, Kansas, is searching for an Agronomy Manager. Candidates considered for this position must have an agricultural background with the ability to effectively analyze business operations; lead team members; effectively manage time; and be proactive in developing the Cooperative’s business goals.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- A valid Commercial Driver’s license (Class A) or the ability to obtain and maintain this license with a safe driving record
- A Commercial Pesticide Applicator License or the ability to obtain and maintain this certification
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) certification or the ability to obtain and maintain this certification
- The ability to manage difficult or emotional situations; respond promptly to customer needs; resolve questions, complaints, and concerns immediately; and meet commitments
- Responsible for daily management and profitability of agronomy operations including agronomy safety; planning and scheduling; crop production marketing; business development and consulting; purchasing and program management; detailed industry knowledge and experience; and recommendations for change and improvements in the agronomy department
- This job carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable state and federal laws. Responsibilities includes training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; and addressing complaints and solving problems and working with the General Manager to achieve maximum utilization of employees and equipment.
About the LeRoy Cooperative:
The LeRoy Coop was started in 1960 to supply about 104 farmer members with crop and livestock inputs and a grain elevator. Today the Coop boasts over 1,000 members with additional branches in Westphalia and Gridley, Kansas. To learn more, please visit their website www.leroycoop.coop.
Please send your resume to: Jamie Poire, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.