Vice President of Agronomy | Midway Co-op, Inc.
Midway Co-op, Inc. is hiring for a Vice President of Agronomy based out of Osborne, KS. As the Vice President of Agronomy and a team member of Midway Co-op, it is essential to prioritize the level of service provided to our customers; proactively communicate; work as a team; understand and promote the benefits of a Cooperative; troubleshoot and problem solve; collaborate across departments and locations; and continuously grow to enhance the service and products the Co-op provides.
- Responsible for daily management and profitability of agronomy operations including agronomy operations and safety; planning and scheduling; crop production marketing; business development and consulting; purchasing and program management; detailed industry knowledge and experience; and recommendations for change and improvements in the agronomy department.
- Providing leadership within the Co-op through current knowledge of sound business practices; industry news; budget limits; and legal requirements. The Vice President of Agronomy must have the ability to effectively analyze business operations; lead team members; effectively manage time; communicate effectively both in writing and verbally; maintain a clean and organized work area; present a professional appearance; and be proactive in developing the Co-op’s business goals.
- Responsibilities focus on excellent customer service; professional and effective communication skills; safe agronomy operations; business sales and growth; budgeting including appropriate margins and fulfilling the business plan; expense management; personnel development; efficient planning and scheduling; maintenance management; and prompt and accurate recordkeeping. The Vice President of Agronomy must demonstrate ongoing proficiency in computer operations, various software programs and the willingness and ability to learn new software programs.
- Responsible for promoting sales and use of Midway Co-op products and services and directly supervising team members. This position is based on the customers’ needs and therefore fluctuates as far as hours worked during peak seasons. Generally, this position is Monday through Friday, however the days and hours vary based on scheduled and non-scheduled customer calls. The schedule includes long days and various work times as necessary.
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or a related field; a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A valid Commercial Driver’s license (Class A with a hazmat endorsement) or the ability to obtain and maintain this license with a safe driving record.
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) certification or the ability to obtain and maintain this certification.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- The ability to travel to farms, business meetings, and overnight business events as needed.
- Job duties may include exposure to outdoor conditions.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over 150 pounds.
About Midway Co-op, Inc.
Headquartered in Osborne, KS, Midway Co-op has been an important partner for north central Kansas farmers since 1908, when a group of locals united to pool their resources to enhance their buying and selling power.
We’ve since grown to become a full-service agricultural cooperative with 12 operating locations and three seasonal locations that help area producers realize and maintain successful farming operations. From seed, fertilizer, and crop protection products to precision ag., grain marketing and crop insurance services, we help producers with every aspect of their operations. We’re also the proud manufacturer of Golden Feeds – a line of high-quality feeds for a wide variety of livestock and show animals.
Midway Co-op’s mission is to serve our communities with a financially sound, professionally managed cooperative offering quality products and services at competitive prices. Go to midwaycoop.com for more information!
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Craig Mans, General Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.