Get a Quote or More Information
800.362.2104 | firstname.lastname@example.org
From Thanksgiving to New Year, it’s easy to overlook practical steps you can take to avoid accidental fires during the busy holiday season. To ensure all your holiday festivities are happy and safe, check out these five tips to help you keep your home from going up in flames.
1. Keep all flammable items at least three feet away from open flames. Extinguish all candles and fireplaces before leaving the room or going to bed.
2. Clean out your fireplace and have it inspected annually to see if your chimney needs to be cleaned.
3. Do not leave food cooking on your stovetop or in the oven unattended. Also, keep grocery bags and kitchen towels away from the stove and oven.
4. Turn off holiday lights and electrical decorations before leaving your home or going to bed.
5. Make sure electrical cords are not pinched in doors, windows, or under furniture. This can cause the cord and its insulation can be damaged.
The holidays can come with unique fire risks, and homeowners can benefit by being aware of these risks and taking these preventative measures to protect their homes and loved ones. If you have a home insurance policy, check your policy details and limits carefully to see what it covers. Happy holidays from ProValue Insurance!